Politics. Humanity. You.
WHERE TO SEND:
- Send Op Eds to email@example.com.
- Please write “Op Ed” in the subject.
- Two pictures of the author and/or something related to the articles subject is helpful but not required. Include phone number and address.
- Include a brief bio.
- Most articles are 400-750 words in length.
- Submissions must be exclusive to us.
- Keep it nonpartisan and secular.
- Please write in AP style (same as newspapers).
- Single space after periods.
TOPICS: BORGEN Magazine welcomes opinion articles on subjects related to the world’s poor and international issues. We’re open to suggestions but love op eds on the following topics:
- Good news in the war on poverty. Successes occurring in efforts to address global poverty and improve the human condition.
- Solutions to poverty. Innovative and/or simple methods that are improving the conditions in poor countries.
- Technology and the world’s poor. Ways technology is being used to help reduce poverty.
- The business case for fighting poverty. How U.S. companies have benefited from a rising, global middle-class. How the drop in global poverty rates has created new markets/consumers for various companies.
- What’s right with foreign aid. Examples of programs that you feel are working.
- The impact of advocacy. People and strategies that have changed the world.
- Reports from the field. Articles from relief workers, soldiers and those on the ground. Reporting on what they’re seeing in impoverished places and what’s working
- Congress and the world’s poor. Insight from Capitol Hill on various bills and programs that members of Congress and staffers feel are effective.
- Celebrities making a difference for the world’s poor. Celebs spotted on Capitol Hill or in impoverished regions raising awareness.